[wp-testers] 2.6 Admin running slower than previous versions?

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 15:08:22 GMT 2008

Hi all,

Has anyone had a problem with the 2.6 Admin running slower at times than
previous versions with or without gears enabled. Perhaps slower isn't
the term I'm looking for here but more like hesitating for several
seconds before switching to another page like from "Plugins" to
"Comments" for example. Once you're in a page like "Comments", things
seem to move right along until your attempt to switch to another section
of the Admin. Sometimes it's quick enough and sometimes it "hesitates"
for several seconds.

No error callouts, error logs are clean and I know it's not the server,
upgrade procedure (strictly "by the book" manual upgrading) or plugin
related (went the standard rounds with that) and doesn't seem to affect
the actual site itself, just the Admin. I can't seem to find any reason
for it and it only appeared to begin with the 2.6 release, not beta's.
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing.