[wp-testers] Visual editor not shown

Andrew Ozz admin at laptoptips.ca
Thu Jul 17 18:32:27 GMT 2008

Dispoweb2.0[Ghaith] wrote:
> The box is checked on the profile page but I find the problem, my client has
> made some modification in TinyMCE so I put again the original folder
> contains TinyMCE and it works fine :)

Good to hear that you found the problem. For future reference there are
few steps to follow when troubleshooting TinyMCE:

- the obvious, "Use the visual editor" checkbox and force-refresh the
browser,
- disable any older plugins that change the editor,
- delete /wp-content/uploads/js-cache directory,
- with Firefox go to /wp-includes/js/tinymce/tiny_mce_config.php and
make sure the returned file is proper js format with no php errors or
additions at the top or bottom. Compare it to the same file from a
working installation if needed.