[wp-testers] Possible bug for WP2.6: Plugins Notification Bubble

Will Garcia will at will.ph
Wed Jul 16 14:40:29 GMT 2008

My situation is different, in that they have different plugin filenames. I
think it's because they use the same class or function variables or
something. I renamed one of the plugin name to something different, but it
still asks me to upgrade it. However, sometimes, the bubble stops showing,
then comes back again. It's an on again off again scenario. Hope the plugin
authors address this.

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 9:36 PM, Stephen Rider <wp-hackers at striderweb.com>
wrote:

> I believe it keys off the filename, not the metadata -- e.g.
> "myplugin/myplugin.php"
>
> Stephen
>
> On Jul 16, 2008, at 8:23 AM, Dan Coulter wrote:
>
>  On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 3:11 AM, Karl Wångstedt <kalle at wangstedt.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  I assume there must be a way of preventing a plugin from being checked
>>> against the database? But how?
>>>

>> If you go into the plugin file and mangle the metadata at the top, it
>> should
>> stop it from checking.  I'm not sure which piece of data it keys off of.

Will Garcia
http://will.ph/