[wp-testers] Changes

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Tue Jul 15 23:52:02 GMT 2008

Duane Storey wrote:
> Hmm, that's interesting.  This only seems to affect 2.6 with my code.
> I can easily change it, I'm just curious what suddenly everything
> stopped working.
>
> On 7/15/08, Stephen Rider <wp-hackers at striderweb.com> wrote:
>
>> I routinely pass arrays to update_option() without serializing them first.
>> WP does this automatically, it seems.  get_option() passes the array right
>> back without my having to unserialize.
>>
>>  I've been doing it that way since well before 2.5....
>>
>>  On Jul 15, 2008, at 10:29 AM, Duane Storey wrote:

Hmm, that is most interesting because this behavior has been around
since at least 2.5.0 and before even that.

The problem is within maybe_serialize(). If what you say is true, then
your serialized array would be serialized again. However, there is a bug
[1] that prevents it from being serialized again. It appears the code is
there, but isn't ever going to be executed.

I'm going to submit a patch to it. I suppose I should had gotten around
to it sooner, but I had other priorities and I thought that since it had
been in affect for a while, that it won't matter if it stayed a little
while longer.

[1] http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7201

Jacob Santos