[wp-testers] Possible bug for WP2.6: Plugins Notification Bubble

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Tue Jul 15 16:39:26 GMT 2008

Will Garcia wrote:
> I have a friend who keeps seeing the plugins upgrade notification bubble
> saying there are 7 plugins that has an update but the plugins list doesn't
> show any of the plugins having an update available or the option to upgrade
> automatically.
>
> Is this a bug in 2.6 or is it plugin-related?
>
> Using IE, PHP 5, MySQL 4.

Could you friend have some sort of object cache active? I use the XCache
object cache, and it causes this kind of behavior for me. From time to
time, I have to manually flush the object cache, or restart my httpd, in
order to get things like Plugin notifications and comment counts to update.

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/