[wp-testers] Can't login with Fx3.0.1

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 12:58:27 GMT 2008

Upon seeing your comment here I updated my locally installed WordPress
Sandbox to 2.6, upgraded the DB when prompted and the login continued
with no problems, logged in fine. The only things I may have done
differently is that I never overwrite directories and files during an
upgrade with the exception of the root files, they're safe enough to
overwrite. I've had more WP bloggers tell me that an upgrade borked
their site, the admin's all "messed up" etc, and 9 times out of 10 they
overwrote files and directories during a major upgrade. Once they go
back and delete "wp-admin" and "wp-includes" entirely and then upload
the new versions of those directories and overwirte the root files again
just in case and everytime (so far) things are fine after that.

I also replaced my current "wp-config.php" with the 2.6
"wp-config-sample.php" after copying over my username and password data
and then renaming to "wp-config". The format of the 2.6 "wp-config.php"
has been changed again even though it really shouldn't keep you from
logging in if you used an older one.

Not saying this is your problem, just pointing out what I did differently.

Other than that it really looks like Firefox 3.0.1 is not getting the WP
cookie required to log in which is the only reason you could log into
your admin with IE and not Firefox that I can think of.

By the way, what version of WP did you upgrade over?