[wp-testers] 2.6 and Captions

Daniel Woolstencroft wptest at dtw.me.uk
Tue Jul 15 12:39:10 GMT 2008

Hi,

I've just upgraded to 2.6 and swapped out the caption plugin I was using in
favour of native support.

I copied the style that Ryan had previously linked to, and after much
jiggery pokery (technical term) I've got it working.

However, Ryan's example only includes a aligncenter style, and it appears
that you'd also need an alignright, and alignleft for this to work properly.
I've certainly implemented these styles on my site, and all is now well.

Is this correct? I'm sure someone will blog the required CSS code at some
point anyway, I'm just checking that I've not missed anything :)

Fantastic job on 2.6 btw - it looks like a brilliant refinement of the work
started in 2.5. I particularly like the new image editing: sooooo much
slicker than the previous mechanism.

Cheers,

Dan.