[wp-testers] Issues with permalinks using ISAPI_Rewrite on a Windows Server 2008 box

Ian Kullhem ian at unleadedsoftware.com
Thu Jul 10 13:28:46 GMT 2008

Hey Everyone,

I've run into a weird issue with permalinks in Wordpress 2.5.1.

Basically, we've got two web servers, one running Windows Server 2003 and one running Windows Server 2008. Both are using version 3 of ISAPI_Rewrite for permalinks.

The 2003 box works fine, but the 2008 box will generate the .htaccess file fine, and load the permalinks, but whenever you click on a link, it just loads the homepage on the new url.

I've been in contact with the ISAPI_rewrite developers, and we got it working by adding the following code to the index.php file:

if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL']))
{
$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL'];
}

What's weird though, is that script is ALREADY in wp-settings.php, so I'm wondering why it's not working from that file, but does work from the index.php file.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks

    Ian Kullhem
    Interactive Developer