[wp-testers] Variable references and Undefined index notices at 2.5 bleeding

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Sun Jan 27 10:16:54 GMT 2008

Michael E. Hancock wrote:
> Using 2.5 bleeding at 6668 with WP_DEBUG set to true.  Fresh install.  Using
> Default theme.  PHP 5.2.5  MySQL 4.1.22
>
> Not sure if these notices are something to worry about:
>
> 1. Displayed two times in the sidebar displaying the blog:
> "Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in
> /home/public_html/wp25/wp-includes/post.php on line 1503"
>
> 2.  Displayed four times at the top screen displaying the blog:
> "Notice: Undefined index: query in
> /home/public_html/wp25/wp-includes/canonical.php on line 181"
>
> Cheers.
>
> Michael E. Hancock

I'm surprised those are the only ones (?) that you see, because I see
about 10 to 20 depending whether E_STRICT is (accidentally) on or not.
It seems crazy, but I always get a lot of notices with WP_DEBUG on.

I would probably say that those are nothing to worry about, since they
are notices. However, they probably should go into one of the tickets
tracking notices so that they can be fixed. I believe the goal is to fix
all of the areas where E_NOTICEs are showing (no go with E_STRICT, so
best not to have that set).

--

Jacob Santos

http://www.santosj.name - blog
http://funcdoc.wordpress.com - WordPress Documentation Blog/Guide Licensed under GPLv2

Also known as darkdragon and santosj on WP trac.