[wp-testers] Tags Changing Themselves - Is This A Bug?

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 07:52:02 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 20:37 +0000, Andrew Frazier wrote:
> The original tag was 'deadline', the corrected version was 'Deadlines'.  The
> alarming thing is that even if the incorrect one is deleted from the
> database - and I've now done it both manually using phpmyadmin, and using
> plugins 'Advanced Tag Editor' and 'Simple Tags' - a fresh copy of it gets
> recreated with a new ID number.

Okay, probably the WP Object Cache is screwing up.

On a lot of hosts (like my server boxen at home), directly querying
MySQL is faster than the disk cache anyway.

Add the following to wp-config.php, and see if it makes a difference:

	define( 'DISABLE_CACHE', true );

Also, you could just rm -r ./wp-content/cache/*