[wp-testers] Tags Changing Themselves - Is This A Bug?

Andrew Frazier wordpress at kidderminsterharriers.com
Thu Jan 17 14:46:47 GMT 2008

I have a situation whereby a tag has been added to a post and saved.  This
tag has a spelling mistake, so I go back and edit it, but after saving it it
reverts to the incorrect version.

Next I try deleting the tag from the post and saving, then adding a new
correctly spelled tag. Still it reverts.

I even went into the database via phpmyadmin and removed the incorrect
version and references to it from the tables 'wp_terms',
'wp_term_relationships', and 'wp_term_taxonomy'.  This was the only
successful way of changing the tag to the one I want, but as soon as another
edit it made to the post - any edit, not just on the tag - the tag reverts
to the original one that is incorrect.

I've tried using the Advanced Tag Entry plugin but the tag still reverts to
the wrong one after an edit.

Is this a bug or am I doing something incredibly stupid?

Andrew Frazier