[wp-testers] where is the upload tool in 2.4-bleeding version?

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 19:45:19 GMT 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 11:36 AM, Paul Maunders <paul at fubra.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I just updated to the latest bleeding version of wordpress via
> subversion (checking out from the trunk), but now I can't find any way
> to upload images to my blog posts.
>
> On 2.3, this was on the write post page but now it seems to have
> disappeared.

Does the following apply to you? "If the user has disabled the visual
editor from her profile, the Add media: bar isn't shown."
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5609

> I tried downgrading back to 2.3 but once I had done that, I couldn't log
> in to the admin panel... it was giving a password error.

"The last change means that the next time you login the value stored
in the database will change - this means that if you do upgrade passed
this point reverting back to an old version will invalidate all users
passwords and they will need reseting. Therefore it is a good idea to
backup up your users table before updating to the latest trunk."

http://westi.wordpress.com/2007/12/02/wordpress-weekly-digest-26th-november-to-2nd-december-2007/

Hope that helps,
--
Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | | Skype:foolswisdom
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com