[wp-testers] WISHLIST: AUTO UPDATE

Benedict Eastaugh ionfish at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 21:38:27 GMT 2008

Firstly, yes, it would be a lot of hassle to create an auto-update function.

Secondly, if your host is really strict then very likely any auto-update
that came with WordPress wouldn't work on your server anyway.

Which is not to say it'll never happen, or even that it won't happen for the
next version, but it's not exactly a simple undertaking.