[wp-testers] Can only upload media from post page

Joshua Hart jahshuah at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 21:42:30 GMT 2008

Can anyone shed any light on the decision to only allow uploading of media
files from a post page?  The media is managed from "Manage" → "Media
Library", however, once in the media library, there is no way to upload a
media file.  This seems a little unintuitive to me.  The media files are
decoupled from a post (by that I mean that a photo uploaded to the media
library can appear in more than one post and is in no way tied to that post
- please correct me if I'm wrong) so it would make sense to allow media
uploading from the media library management page.
Are there plans to allow media file uploads from the media library
management page, or has it been set in stone to leave that option on the
post page only?  Thanks in advance.

-Josh