[wp-testers] Can anyone test my WordPress template?

Alex Günsche ag.ml2008 at zirona.com
Wed Feb 27 09:17:06 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 18:21 -0600, Nightgunner5 [Ben] wrote:
> I have set up a test website at
> http://llamaslayers.net/modern-blue-testsite/  You can find a download
> of my template at
> http://llamaslayers.net/modern-blue-testsite/modern-blue.7z

I've had a look, and I must say, it is too plain for my taste. All the
blue and Arial is a bit too dull. Also, the header is too empty, with
its overly round corners, it looks like a bubble.

The idea of highlighting blockquotes with a thick sidebar may be new,
but it raises confusion, especially as headings are marked in the same
way. In the single view, this section is designed again different; now I
don't know anymore at all what all the blue backgrounds are supposed to
mean.

In your HTML code, you have inline CSS, which is bad style. You should
define classes for that and remove all inline CSS.

What I do like, is the text-indent on paragraphs. It improves
readability of long texts; more theme authors should consider using it.

HTH

Best regards,
Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
Blogs: http://www.zirona.com/ | http://www.regularimpressions.net