[wp-testers] Humm....

Aaron Harun admin at anthologyoi.com
Mon Feb 25 00:27:41 GMT 2008

>  *Strict Standards*: Assigning the return value of new by reference is
>  deprecated in *C:\www\blog\wp-settings.php* on line *267*

You are getting the error because PHP 5 has it set by default to
automatically show all errors including strict notices, and WP is
still developed for PHP4.

You can disable this by updating your php.ini and setting "error_reporting" to

error_reporting  =  E_ALL & ~E_STRICT

If you don't have access to your php.ini you should also be able to
add something similiar to your .htaccess file.

Aaron