[wp-testers] No more Save and Continue Editing button?

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 02:21:45 GMT 2008

Just add the "and Continue Editing" text to the save button. Case
closed. lmao. Okay, bad sarcasm. What's the point of "AutoSave" then? If
it's to HELP secure a users writing... (which I'm sure that's a big part
of it) then why not just have it there on the backside as a "helper"?

Helps backup the users writing and such IN CASE something happens and
the user can't hit the "Save/ Save and Continue Editing" button fast
enough. IMHO, the AutoSave should maybe have more user control on it...
or perhaps it's not really possible to do that? I'm not really sure,
because I'm not really a coder of that nature.

I was just talking to my buddy on AIM, he's not WordPress literate
really... He was in process of trying to save his post, but the server
timed out and he couldn't refresh it to get it back, nor did the
autosave feature kick-in. He is using version 2.3.3. Now his post is
lost for good. If there was a way to put more functionality and user
control on the AutoSave itself, it would help tons.

Like, show preview button after first autosave action. Reload post
editing pane, or something like that maybe. Just throwing out stuff...