[wp-testers] update.php in wp-admin?

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Tue Feb 19 06:36:15 GMT 2008

Just furthur to this,
When the plugin update code has had some good testing, Direct filesystem access will be enabled if the web server supports it(ie. WordPress files are owned by the same user PHP is running as, ala, suExec), In that case, FTP information would not be needed to be asked.
I believe its set to force-ftp mode at present to test the FTP code out(It really does need a good stress test on as many platforms as possible).