[wp-testers] update.php in wp-admin?

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 16:04:41 GMT 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 7:40 AM, Adriaan van Natijne <a.vannatijne at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any known problems with this feature reported?
> I get errors for free with this new function (without an update...).
>
> When we just forget this little thing: great updates!

As Ryan wrote in the ticket for this "Lot's more error checking and
user feedback is needed."
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5586#comment:18

"Committed a minimalist first pass. Let's see if we can stabilize this
in time for 2.5. If we can't, we'll strip it out and move it to 2.6.
This uses DD32's filesystem abstraction. I decided not to do the chmod
777 thing like so many plugins do. If the server is running as the
user, the code will do direct writes to the filesystem, otherwise FTP
is used. Right now ftp is forced for testing purposes. ftpext works
for me on the ftp servers I tested against. ftpsockets needs work to
bring it up to speed with the changes to ftpext. Lot's more error
checking and user feedback is needed."

Hope that helps,
--
Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | | Skype:foolswisdom
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com