[wp-testers] trunk rte user cap

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 02:06:14 GMT 2008

Alright, here's what I've tried/tested out.

a) Deleted the TinyMCE files/folders from; wp-includes/js/tinymce
leaving ONLY the SVN related folders/files. It got back my original
editor mode.

b) Just did another SVN UP on the VB blog, the only blog I had removed
the TinyMCE stuff from for "testing" reasons. It brought back all the
TinyMCE stuff again of course. I went back to WRITE POST page, the
Visual Editor mode is still there/ ON...

Some where in between the database and files itself, there's some type
of a glitch apparently. Now on Spencerp.net, that "Use the visual editor
when writing" was never checked before. It's still not checked. Just to
see what's going on;

a) I went to WRITE POST page, and not even the normal editor mode
displays any buttons of course. Just the Media related stuff there.

b) Then checked the box for "Use the visual editor when writing" under
profile.

c) Went back to WRITE POST page... Visual Mode was on to start with, but
switched to HTML mode. Went back to profile page, unchecked the "Use the
visual editor when writing". Went back to WRITE POST page, the buttons
are gone all together, except for the Media stuff.

d) Went back to profile page, rechecked box for "Use the visual editor
when writing" under profile.

e) Went back to WRITE POST page, HTML mode was ON. Then selected Visual
Mode again.

f) Went back to profile page again, unchecked box for "Use the visual
editor when writing" under profile.

g) Went back to WRITE POST page again, and Visual Mode is ON. Even
though the box is unchecked for "Use the visual editor when writing"
under profile.

Found where the issue lies now.. whoo hoo!