[wp-testers] trunk rte user cap

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 01:07:36 GMT 2008

Matt wrote:
> Turning off the visual editor in my profile works fine. Have you tried
> reverting any patches you've applied, etc and disabling plugins?
It's been a good few days now, that I turned it off via the profile. I
just didn't run the "notice" of it happening through the list right
away, I had my hands full with offline stuff. I sent the email about it
happening the 14th, but it was a few days before the 14th that it
started happening.

I thought maybe it was just a glitch, or perhaps there would be a new
commit with a fix for "it". I don't think it's caused by the plugins,
the plugins have been there the whole time since the site was put up
using WordPress. They never messed up the TinyMCE before, and no new
plugins were added either.

There weren't any patches applied either. The only test bed site I run
patches on currently, is my localhost using Xampp. I never applied
patches to my live sites. It's a gamble as is, running Trunk copies on
live sites. Oh wait, I think I might know what happened.

I'm not sure if this would do it or not, but I think I chose the Visual
Editor option via the WRITE POST page FIRST, then later disabled the RTE
via the profile page. Perhaps I should have turned off RTE via the WRITE
POST page first, then disabled it via the profile? Would that have maybe
caused a glitch?

All I know is, I never had headaches in my life time until I married
Satan's Daughter, then after the divorce the headaches went away... now
with this issue, they are back again and worse then when I was married..
That's baaaad people... very baaaad... LOL! =P Just kidding of course..