[wp-testers] Re: 500 Internal Error on install

Brew brewskie at criticalreactor.com
Sat Feb 16 14:45:11 GMT 2008

Yesterday I posted a problem where I received an Internal Server Error
during a clean install.

The Problem occurred because WordPress didn't update the .htaccess file.

It put # BEGIN WordPress and # END WordPress in there but nothing else.

I went to another site where I'm running WP and copied some of the
content into the new WP install.

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END WordPress

I don't know whether ver 2.5 of WP should be inserting something
different than this.

Now I am able to reach the WP main page but I'm getting the following
errors:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /usr/home/oldhouse/public_html/wp-config.php:31) in
/usr/home/oldhouse/public_html/wp-login.php on line 185
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /usr/home/oldhouse/public_html/wp-config.php:31) in
/usr/home/oldhouse/public_html/wp-login.php on line 197

After inputting the user/pass, in wp-install.php, I get a blank page
with this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /usr/home/oldhouse/public_html/wp-config.php:31) in
/usr/home/oldhouse/public_html/wp-login.php on line 185
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /usr/home/oldhouse/public_html/wp-config.php:31) in
/usr/home/oldhouse/public_html/wp-login.php on line 197
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /usr/home/oldhouse/public_html/wp-config.php:31) in
/usr/home/oldhouse/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 569
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /usr/home/oldhouse/public_html/wp-config.php:31) in
/usr/home/oldhouse/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 700

Cheers!