[wp-testers] trunk rte user cap

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 04:52:50 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 18:15 -0500, spencerp wrote:
> I HATE the new layout for it, not
> because of the design per se, but because when on my 800x600 res
> screen... that "stuff" just runs behind other things and that status box
> is hard to reach sometimes too.

Agreed -- I frequently use small browser windows, because I'm often
running Compiz Fusion, and it looks _way_ cooler when you don't maximise
your windows, as you can't see the awesome shadow/blurring effects going
on. It's a bit of a killjoy when your favourite sites start breaking in
small browser views.

The WordPress.com homepage nicely caters to small browser windows. With
a little JS magic, when you make your browser small, the tag sidebar
jumps to the bottom of the page, making it a horizontal tag cloud,
rather than a vertical one, leaving you with more real estate on the
side. When you make the window bigger, it snaps back to where it was,
which is very cool.