[wp-testers] Reasoning behind admin navigation?

Tom Belknap dragonfly at dragonflyeye.net
Wed Feb 13 12:50:13 GMT 2008

I think it's relevant to point out that not everyone who has an account on a WordPress site necessarily administers the site.  Lots of people are simply readers or contributors.

That said, the Options tab being conveniently located is certainly helpful for us administrators, but if the point is to increase overall usability, then the administrator is not the primary target.  Also, the plan seems to be to allow plugins to include their own tabs, so an Options tab may not be as important as it once was.

I do wonder, though, if any consideration has been given to overflow?  Once plugin developers get used to having their own tab in the interface, we're going to end up with an awful lot of tabs.