[wp-testers] Reasoning behind admin navigation?

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Tue Feb 12 02:45:45 GMT 2008

I believe its to do with User testing and whatnot.

The dashboard is only ever needed when logging in, users rarely go back to the dashboard once they've logged in

Settings, user and plugins are also menu's which are not used as commonly as the rest

The main tabs are things which users commonly access, it'll also allow for greater room when adding extra tabs for plugins, Some plugins need he extra top menu, and doing it like this allows everything to fit on a smaller screen too.

These are just my opinions, i've not seen any docs on the changes.