[wp-testers] Revision 6727 - New dashboard Firefox only?

Les Bessant les at lcb.me.uk
Wed Feb 6 07:40:47 GMT 2008

> From: spencerp <spencerp1 at gmail.com>
>
> John Blackbourn wrote:
>> As much as everyone would love to, that won't happen. IE6 still has a
>> very large, if not the largest, browser market share.
>
> Yeah, it's a sad shame too. Quick, someone from Firefox browser tech
> support, pose as Microsoft Employee / Techie and provide Firefox
> upgrades to replace IE upgrades by default... So when people THINK
> they'll be upgrading to latest Microcrap IE versions they really getting
> latest Firefox version... have this for all IE versions, automatically
> upgrading to Firefox regardless of user choice or not... Okay, sorry,
> woke up in middle of a nice dream... *lays back down again, falls asleep *

IE7 should begin to increase its share fairly soon. Windows XP will be
getting Service Pack 3 in the next few months, and that will happily install
IE7 on a lot more machines than would ever get it if people were left to
install it separately. While not all XP users will add the SP, a lot will,
which should help with the reduction of IE6's presence. We can then hope for
a bit more word of mouth to spread the news further...

Les Bessant les at lcb.me.uk
Losing it[1] - http://lcb.me.uk
My flickr pictures - http://flickr.com/photos/lesbessant/
Message sent using Entourage 2008 on Mac OS X