[wp-testers] Ok so I was wondering

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 20:05:09 GMT 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Paleo Pat <tpblogeditor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Done. I just hope my Blog don't break. Yes, I am crazy, I am running 2.8
> bleeding on a real live Blog.

Because it's so early in the 2.8 development cycle, you should
consider using Subversion[1] to update, instead of the built-in
updater.  With Subversion, if something in 2.8-bleeding breaks your
blog, you can simply switch to a previous revision where the problem
doesn't occur.   That's not something you can do with the built-in
updater.

I would especially recommend Subversion in this situation for anyone
who isn't confident that he can debug potential problems himself.

[1] http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing/Updating_WordPress_with_Subversion