[wp-testers] Forum questions on testers lists ??

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 17:51:08 GMT 2008

I'll have to step in here to say that I have to agree with Paul that there
are indeed better support forums available for free software . An excellent
example of this is the Mozillazine Forums which offer support for all of
Mozilla and Mozilla based software software plus forums for developers and
testers as well. And answers to questions very often come within  24 hours
and sometimes within the hour depending on the particular forum you're
posting to. Understanding of course that WordPress.org and Mozilla are two
very different entities and user base, the premise still stands.

I suppose the one thing I've never understood is why the WP forums *have* to
be run on bbPress rather than phpBB. It just seems to me that the best style
of forum for the users should come first before anything else and without
meaning any offense here, bbPress simply isn't it. While I love the
WordPress platform, bbPress IMHO has a way to go yet before it can be
considered a viable forum platform.

'Nuff said from me then ;)