[wp-testers] Change in wp_list_categories?

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Mon Dec 22 19:31:05 GMT 2008

I finally upgraded my WP sites to 2.7 today (I know, a bit late, I've
been busy), and in one of my sites, I had problems due to a change to
the wp_list_categories function.

On that site (which isn't a blog but a database of bicycle trails), I
have one category called "News" (id=1), and then all the other
categories are children of category "Trails" (id=3). In WP 2.6 and
previous versions, my sidebar used to say
    wp_list_categories("exclude=3")
and it would list the News category only, excluding the vast hierarchy
of Trails categories. After upgrading to 2.7, with no changes to the
theme, it only excluded the top-level Trails category, and left
everything underneath listed there, which was a mess. I was able to
fix it by doing
    wp_list_categories("include=1")
so it wasn't a huge deal...

But what I was wondering is, was this change intentional? We should
probably at least document it, or else (which I think is preferable)
fix it back to the way it used to be.

Thoughts?
     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
PHP, Perl, MySQL, JavaScript, XML, AJAX