[wp-testers] New look of tables in class wrap

Chris gaarai at gaarai.com
Thu Dec 11 14:28:47 GMT 2008

Am I the only one that doesn't like the lack of styling for tables
inside of divs with class of wrap?

As I was testing things out for the past couple of months, I just
assumed that this was a temporary situation and that the styling would
be taken care of later. Instead, it stayed the same resulting in a bunch
of text in varying grid layouts with not background contrast to
differentiate and group elements.

It may look "clean," but I find the lack of contrast to create a mash of
options rather than a logical flow of options and data.

If you look at tables with a class of widefat, the flow of information
is extremely easy to follow, very nice looking, and matches with the
styling. The same cannot be said for the new look of tables inside of wrap.

A good example of a page that shows this issue well is the Writing
Settings page. Rather than having background contrast differences
separating and grouping elements, we now have very subtle vertical and
horizontal padding differences to indicate logical relationships.

I really feel bad now that I didn't bring up this issue before, but I
truly assumed that this was not the final plan.

--
Chris Jean
http://gaarai.com/