[wp-testers] So I'm wondering...

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Thu Dec 11 12:16:27 GMT 2008

Development on 2.8 will start straight away, Well, to an extent. Many of the
core devs will be busy dealing with bugs for 2.7.1 (Hopefully there wont be
too many of them..)

I would say the next week will be slower on 2.8.. and mainly deciding what
to get done for 2.8/etc.

As for the auto-updates to 2.8, If your WP version reads '2.7' you'll only
get stable updates from here on in (ie. 2.7.1), Updating the version to
2.8-bleeding or whatever is chosen when 2.8 starts, would put you on the
updating to the nightlies again.. Assuming the nightlies are run the same as
they have for 2.7 testing. Its highly unlikely the wp-version will be
updated as often as it has been this past month, since the version updates
were a manual thing. It depends on what the core devs decide.. Of which
probably wont happen straight away.. They deserve a break :)