[wp-testers] Upgrade Question

Jim Lynch lakelandjim at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 23:58:37 GMT 2008

How "involved" is my connection in the upgrade process? Here's what's
happening - I am attempting to upgrade several sites, but I am doing it over
a rather shaky wireless connection. The process goes through part way - I
see:

Downloading update from
http://wordpress.org/nightly-builds/wordpress-latest.zip

Unpacking the core update

Verifying the unpacked files

Installing the latest version
, but it never completes.

At first, after waiting for the maintenance screen to clear, it would still
show 10119 as the version, and the "An automated WordPress update has failed
to complete" nag. Now it showing 10151 as the version but still shows the
nag. Could it be a problem with my internet connection, or is it likely to
be something else?

--
Jim
bRight & Early -- http://brightandearlyblog.com