[wp-testers] It seems we're outmoded...

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 9 19:59:40 GMT 2008

I don't think we could ever come up with a definitive way to organize the
blogosphere, just because it's so subjective - what I consider "garbage"
might become really popular - I love Bruce Springsteen, many don't, etc etc.

I think tagging will certainly become crucial in this - we've seen on
WordPress.com how it's much easier to 'surf' the blogosphere when using
tags, and a unified tag search of all blogs over the whole web would be
great.

We also need some way of filtering out the splogs and advertising crap -
Akismet/Defensio for blog posts as well as comments comes to mind!

-- Alex