[wp-testers] Adding "Add new tag" as new tag

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 9 19:06:29 GMT 2008

I don't think people want the whole TinyMCE editor, Kirk, but I do think the
QuickPress widget will be popular - it's more lightweight but allows quick
post creation.

The plan is, at least I think this is the plan, in 2.8 to allow people to
customise the content of that QuickPress widget - with tickboxes for the
different elements. You could choose to have a Categories dropdown visible,
but no tags textbox, etc etc.

A lead developer will have to confirm, but thats the rumors I've read.

-- Alex