[wp-testers] It seems we're outmoded...

Kim Parsell kparsell-wp at kpdesign.net
Tue Dec 9 18:47:59 GMT 2008

I'm sorry, but Twitter, Facebook, etc. cannot replace blogs. Facebook is
a social community for staying in touch with family, friends, etc., and
Twitter just allows you to put whatever random thought rolls through
your mind out there for the whole world to see. Do I really need to know
that someone's dinner last night is causing them "issues" this AM? Both
have more "noise" than "signal".

Bloggers take time to carefully craft an article on whatever subject
they are writing about. Can you imagine trying to do a political debate
between candidates where their answers have to be 140 characters or
less? Or someone writing a tutorial on something new in WP 2.7 - 140
characters or less eh? Can't be done.

There is a time/place for each thing - Twitter, Facebook, and blogs.
Whoever wrote that article is the one who is "out of touch".

Just my 3 cents worth...

Kim