[wp-testers] Change "Attached to" Gallery?

Emily Lysyk emacartoon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 17:51:14 GMT 2008

DD32,
That's fantastic news!  It's a pity I wasn't here earlier when it was
brought up for 2.7.

"You can use the URL of the file you uploaded on one gallery and use it on
the new gallery, but instead of uploading, you put it in the File URL
section."

Will,
Unfortunately, that just embeds the file into the post.  I'm also using a
jQuery that pops it open and allows browsing back and forth between the
images much like an iFrame, therefore those embedded and not in the gallery
do not appear.  So, if I were merely doing thumbnails and files, it would in
theory work (aside from different thumbnail sizes, but that can be
adjusted).

Here is a link to my demo page:
http://www.em2astudios.com/tests/illustration/

"doesn't that just create a hyperlink to the external URL? Or does it upload
the file again into the database"

Paul,
Yes, it creates an img tag (with or without a hyperlink) and does not upload
the file to the db again.  Also, if you do make a plugin, I am more than
willing to help test it out!  Keep me posted on it ;)

Thanks everyone!
~Emma