[wp-testers] Uploading media problem in WP 2.7 RC1

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 09:04:27 GMT 2008

Engel Sanchez wrote:
> Solved:  Ryan Boren was right.... it was the /tmp dir full.... but to get
> this clear I have to disable wp-super-cache
>
> Now I just need how to to use some kind of cache...  or tell wp-super-cache
> to store tmp site in another location.
>
> If someone have info about memcached for wordpress send me a link please...

/tmp is quite often on modern linux installs a memory based storage area
rather than a disk based one and it not really designed for storing the
number of files that wp-super-cache can generate.

They would be much better stored somewhere under wp-content as in it's
default configuration.

westi

--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5