[wp-testers] Verifying core update works for the real 2.7 to 2.7.1

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 15:16:58 GMT 2008

Unless I'm grossly mistaken, the ".# " versions are built on an "as
needed" basis due to new security issues popping up (zero day hacks and
the like) and/or a major issue or issues are found with the 2.7 series.
Once a milestone release goes "gold" it shifts from trunk to branch and
minor security/bug fix updates are made from that particular branch.
There's no continuous development once 2.7-final is released and goes to
branch that I know of.