[wp-testers] Verifying core update works for the real 2.7 to 2.7.1

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Sun Dec 7 20:24:45 GMT 2008

To be honest, I was thinking of getting rid of you.

Kidding aside, I don't believe there are any wrong inquiries when it
comes to testing. It is better to have someone stand up and be heard
about a problem than have that problem go unnoticed and be broken for
multiple versions. That is in my humble opinion. The more testers the
better.

That answer is a tricky one. If you update right when 2.7 comes out, if
you are using RC1, then you should be fine. When WordPress goes back to
being "bleeding-edge" then you will back on the nightlies. So I mean,
the only ones affected will be the ones that update too late and update
to bleeding-edge. However, you won't receive a notice to upgrade until
2.8 comes out. It will just be up to you on whether you want to or not.

You know that is interesting. In the past, if you have one version say
2.5.1, it will tell you that 2.6.0 came out. Then if you want to upgrade
to 2.5.2, it would still say 2.6. I wonder if they are going to fix that
on the server side.

Jacob Santos