[wp-testers] Verifying core update works for the real 2.7 to 2.7.1

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 19:04:32 GMT 2008

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 19:40:47 +0100, "Xavier Borderie"
<xavier at borderie.net> wrote:

>> After 2.7 is installed, and before 2.7.1 (yes 2.7.1) is released, what will
>> happen if a user clicks the Upgrade Automatically button?  Or will that
>> button be visible?
>
>Like wise, an interrogation of mine : if we upgrade blogs to 2.7-rc1
>now, they will update to the latest trunk, which is normal and
>expected.
>But what will happen once 2.7 is released? Will these users' installs
>of 2.7 still be fetching files from trunk, or does it stop there and
>only uses /tags from there on?

I suppose it works like warning about new version works now, if you
use a nightly build on the admin footer it show a message inviting you
to kepp updated, if you use a release version it show a message on the
top of the admin screens when and only when a new version is
available. As actual version know if there is an update or not i
suppose the automatic update use same method (plus the selection of
the correct locale if available) for allow update or not.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it