[wp-testers] Does auto update deactivate plugins?

Michael E. Hancock justmichaelh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 18:36:02 GMT 2008

From: "Kirk M" <kmb42vt at gmail.com>
<snip>
 I could be wrong but if I remember correctly, the auto-update feature
overwrites any files/directories that need updating. For the minor "in
between" security/bug fix releases, this is fine.

 But with major milestones, whole directories/sub-directories are  replaced
and if overwriting during the core auto-update is the current way of doing
things then I would definitely do this type of upgrade  manually.
</snip>

I've asked this is a different thread, but it seems that any upgrade, minor
or major, will do the same thing--they'll replace all core files.

The old argument of deleting before uploading vs. overwriting files with FTP
becomes obsolete, thank goodness!

MichaelH