[wp-testers] Verifying core update works for the real 2.7 to 2.7.1

Michael E. Hancock justmichaelh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 17:38:27 GMT 2008

I'm guessing that developers have this covered, but, are we sure that the
core update works with the state of things set as if 2.7 is already released
and installed?  Meaning, the core update really won't do anything until a
2.7.1 is released, right?

After 2.7 is installed, and before 2.7.1 (yes 2.7.1) is released, what will
happen if a user clicks the Upgrade Automatically button?  Or will that
button be visible?

Right now the upgrade 'does an upgrade' even if the installation is already
at the latest version...

Just anticipating a Forum deluge.

Thanks,

MichaelH