[wp-testers] Does auto update deactivate plugins?

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 14:41:12 GMT 2008

I know this was asked before but I've forgotten. In the past I've always
deactivated all my plugins manually before updating the core. Now I find
myself using 2.7's auto-update feature the same way--the second thing I
do before updating is to bulk deactivate all my plugins (first is to
backup DB). So...

Does running 2.7's new core auto update automatically deactivate plugins
before updating and reactivate them after it's finished or does that
still have to be done manually?