[wp-testers] Plugins do not update

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Dec 3 21:16:48 GMT 2008

2.7 moved plugin check and core check into the realm of "stuff that is
driven by wp-cron". This sometimes problematic realm also includes
scheduled posts, pings and trackbacks, and other bits.

If your site can't do those things, then plugin-updates won't happen.
You need to fix your site so that it can run wp-cron correctly.

Alternatively, install the WP-Crontrol plugin and run those jobs manually.