[wp-testers] re: Hanging after "Publish"

DJ Allyn djallyn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 01:22:25 GMT 2008

I had the same thing happen to me last week, and I had to reinstall WP 2.6.5
for the time being.  Apparently, the problem is an error in the database
that upgrading won't fix.  If I create a new database the problem goes away,
so I've decided to upgrade that domain with a fresh install at the end of
this month when I archive the current site.

Someone here did offer a possible solution that involved creating the new
database and then restoring the old database into the new one.  I suspect
that whatever problem exists in the old one might just copy itself over, so
I figured that if WP 2.6.5 ain't broke right now, there is no need to fix
it.

I will upgrade it at the end of the month when I turn it into an archive and
lock out posting and comments.

Of course, if someone figures out another way to go, then I am all eyes...
0.0

--
DJ Allyn
www.djallyn.org

"The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music"