[wp-testers] Re: fopen issue; wp-login.php issue

Admin admin at activeblogging.com
Mon Dec 1 19:30:50 GMT 2008

Appreciate the clarification on the other issues - for the two I was
still interested in, here's some more details:

#1-fopen - http://www.phpbuilder.com/manual/en/function.fopen.php
gives more details:

"The default translation mode depends on the SAPI and version of PHP
that you are using, so you are encouraged to always specify the
appropriate flag for portability reasons. You should use the 't' mode
if you are working with plain-text files and you use \n to delimit
your line endings in your script, but expect your files to be
readable with applications such as notepad. You should use the 'b' in
all other cases."

Unfortunately, Windows is a law unto itself, so for greatest
compatibility, specifying the binary flag should work well, since
you're actually copying a file already including appropriate
linefeeds/newlines - it does on my test bed. NOTE: the code I gave
you was inaccurate - you want:

$handle = fopen('../wp-config.php', 'wb');
not
$handle = fopen('../wp-config.php', 'w+b');

#2-wp-login.php - "Well, you could probably do this using a plugin as
well. Also you can add it to the robots.txt file for good measure.".

On the other hand, adding the single line to the file 1)makes it a
default, no fiddling/coding/plugins required 2)prevents indexing a
file that has no good reason to be in a search engine's index.

No reply is necessary to this post - I just wanted to clarify both items.