[wp-testers] Problem Updating

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Aug 28 05:56:47 GMT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 8:56 PM, Joe <joeswptest at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just tried to update my WP-Sandbox to the new nightly build and this is
> how the update went:
>
> *Fatal error*: Call to undefined method wpdb::has_cap() in
> */home/(username)/public_html/jpc/sandbox/wp-admin/includes/schema.php* on
> line *9

That's a bug.  Update shouldn't make use of new functions that are not
present in the version of WP being ugraded from.  We might need to
break the update into two steps so that we can use new functions when
upgrading the DB.

> *When I try to get back in to the dashboard of the blog I get this:
>

>  Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute.

Remove the file called '.maintenance' in the root of your WP install
to get rid of this message.