[wp-testers] 2.6.1 tag suggestion oddity

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Wed Aug 13 21:22:04 GMT 2008

I did a quick run-through of the latest 2.6.1 beta (actually it was
[8640] on the 2.6 branch via SVN). I was testing bug #6593 -- that
seems to be working fine from a multi-lingual perspective anyway.

But I noticed that when I started typing in the Add Tag text box of
the Post Edit screen, it pulled up my Categories as choices along with
my Tags. Is that supposed to be happening? I hadn't noticed it in
previous WP versions (which doesn't mean it wasn't there).

If I selected one of the Categories, as a Tag for the post, things
seemed to work fine -- it got added as a Tag as well. But it seemed
wrong that it would suggest I overlap Categories and Tags.

Thoughts? Is it a bug or a feature?
     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
PHP, Perl, MySQL, JavaScript, XML, AJAX