[wp-testers] WP 2.6 running slow

Rick Beckman rick.beckman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 04:12:17 GMT 2008

Running WP-Spamfree means that Akismet doesn't have to ever touch the
majority of spam. While it may not make a huge difference, the communication
of spam to Akismet and the response back could amount to significant
bandwidth/processor usage on less robust hosts. WP-Spamfree -- and other
solutions, like Bad Behavior -- help squelch spam so that further filtering
is used far less often.

--
Rick Beckman
http://rickbeckman.org/