[wp-testers] Image upload problem in 2.5.1

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 18:30:56 GMT 2008

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:32:54 +0200, "Frank Helmschrott"
<fhelmschrott at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>after updating one of the blogs to 2.5.1 it's not possible anymore to
>integrate uploaded images into the editor due to some javascript
>errors.

At italy forum the image uploader it's the first problem for numebrs
of questions, sometimes need to add htacces code, other time can't
insrt images into post with blank screen etc.

On my hosting i have pno problem on one and half solved (htaccess
code) in other but bad creation permission for new dirs (i have a
ticke openend moved to 2.5.2 actually)

IMHO it's clear that problem is related to different server
configurations but answering this is not a solution, neither it is to
use plugin to disable flash uploader, maybe using something like this:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/ajaxian/~3/279393892/fancyupload-swiff-meets-ajax

with no flash would be better?

In any case uploader problems needs some care before next 2.5.2 moren
than before 2.6 that's to far away from now.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it